Filtra Balls Filter Media for Sand Filters - ACM-852
Stop using sand in your filter! Easier to use, cleaner to change, better filtration!
Replace the sand in your new or existing sand filter with Filtra Balls Filter Media and experience the difference! Reusable, eco-friendly and made from 100% polyethylene, these tiny balls will last for years while filtering particles down to 3 microns. 1 box of Filtra Balls is equivalent to 50 pounds of normal filter sand!
Note: Is it recommended that you still add some sand (approx. 1 bag) to the bottom of your filter tank, prior to adding Filtra Balls, in order to support the filter laterals.
- Alternative to Sand
- High Dirt Capacity
- Lowest Pressure Increase
- No Clogging
- Long Product Life, and Washer and Dryer Friendly!
- Easy to Dispose of and Non Toxic
- Light Weight for Easy Handling (one box weighs less then 2 pounds!)
- Filters particles down to 3 microns
How much Filtra Balls Required:
Instructions for Use - Must Read Before Using Product:
- Power down the pump, and open your filter tank
- Empty any existing media and/or sand from the tank and clean the tank thoroughly
- Add sand to the bottom of your filter tank - this is used to support the filters laterals (the amount of sand will vary based on your filter size, but generally, one bag of sand is suggested). Ensure your filter’s laterals are completely covered.
- Fill the rest of the filter with Filtra Balls Filter Media; 1 Box is the equivalent of adding 50 lbs of sand
- Close your filter tank
- Power on your pump and begin filtering again!
It is recommended you open your filter tank and rinse / clean off your Filtra Balls once per month to ensure they continue to filter properly - backwashing may not fully remove debris from Filtra Balls. Do not use clarifier products in your pool while using Filtra Media Balls, as doing so can ruin the media.